On Friday night our quiet evening was disturbed by what can only be described as a selfish idiot!
Hubby was reading the paper, I was baking, and No1 & No 2 were in their bedrooms listening to music, when there was a load thump thump thump on the front door, so loud that it sounded as though someone was going to break the door down.
I met hubby in the hall as he was opening the front door to see what was going on, and No1 swiftly followed by No 2 quickly appeared. We all ran outside to see a figure disappear around the side of the house....at this point I have to point out that we live down a dead end lane away from the main road in a small village, so not an easy place to come across by chance. Hubby, plus No1 & 2 took off after the idiot and I stood by the gate with my marble rolling pin still in my hand from the baking. Unfortunately, or fortunately for the idiot, who appeared to be a fully grown male, he got away by jumping the fence into the field behind our house, before his pursuers in bare feet or slippers got there, scaring the sheep in the process, and escaping into the darkness.
My question is what on earth possesses someone to go up to a front door, hammer on it and then run away (especially given the location of our house, he couldn't just have been passing)? On this occasion I think the idiot got more of a fright than we did, I'm sure he wasn't expecting two 6ft rugby players and an irate hubby to give chase or for a mad woman with a rolling pin to stand guard over the gate. However it could easily have been a cottage belonging to an old person and can you imagine how frightened they would be especially if they lived alone....! The thing is that if the idiot had been caught or had tried to make his escape via the easy route of the gate and had been given a swift swipe across the arse with a rolling pin for his troubles it would probably have been us who would have been in trouble rather that the imbecile who was out to frighten innocent people in their own home!
Why are some people so selfish!?
Sorry folks, that's my rant over now.
Take care all


10 comments:
You're absolutely right to have a rant! I would feel exactly the same as you ... it's just a pity your hubby & sons didn't get hold of him! (But then again, you just don't know these days - with knives etc being carried). Perhaps have a word with the local police to see if anyone else had experienced the same treatment. Keep your rolling pin handy!
Willow x
Goodness me, how scary. I would be terrified. You are more than right to have a rant.
Hope you're okay now.
Oh no!
That must have been so scary!
I`m glad that all urn out well in the end!
Kisses
Debbie Moss
How awful, just imagine if you were an old person living on your own, you'd be petrified or worse.
Yvonne x
I agree with Willow - I'd mention it to the police just so they have it on record. The bleeping idiot probably thought it would be a laugh, and got more than he bargained for. Good!
Glad you're all ok. x
Really scary! If you had lived in a more prominent place then guess it would just be a moronic person doing it for kicks... but having to go out of their way is another story. I also agree with Willow a phone call to your local police would be a really good idea. Pity it wasn't a field containing an angry bull... I suppose it was a good thing he did get away because if you had of given him a slap with the rolling pin you would have been the one in trouble!! Not like the old days is it!! My late father told me about an incident in his younger days... There was this awful guy who used to go around causing trouble and been a general bully. He decided to pick on my Dad who managed to floor him! Mr local bobby came along and saw what had happened, Dad thought he was in trouble and much to his surprise the local bobby just turned around patted my Dad on the back and said 'It couldn't have happened to a nicer person, he had it coming!! and then just walked away.. much to my Dads relief.....justice for once... that would never happen these days!!
Jane xxx
Idiot? Stark raving bonkers I reckon.
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I like it when new people visit as I get to discover new blogs!! hmm .. yes I think i would definately mention this incident to the police just incase ... he may have been a menace to others .. x
Wow, what an awful thing to happen, and I agree with everyone else, you need to get this on record with the Police.
We had a similar incident a couple of years ago, and my hubby jumped the fence and chased two lads that had been hiding in our garden. As they all took off, I caught one that had doubled back to the house. All I can say is that he was sorry I caught him and not my husband. I'm ashamed to say it was a 'Peggy Mitchel'moment, but they never came back ;)
Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog, I'm really touched, and I hope you have no more trouble.
Take care
Kim x
feel free to rant~swampy and i would have done the same and you are oh so right...these days it is the true victims that get into trouble for defending themselves, their property and their right. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post a Comment