Tuesday, October 7

BARGAIN

In the middle of the summer, did we have one this year?! I made this beautiful bag.......No not really, I wish I was that talented! but I purchased it from Pia Jewellery

It's in a beautiful deep plum velvet, with an olive green (faux silk) lining,.....


and amazing silk roses ........


and embroidered leaves ......



and flowers on the front...sorry but yet again my camera has failed me with colour, or is that a poor workman blaming his tools? :-)




Why I'm so pleased with myself is that it was half price, something to do with the colour being out of season! Of course now the berries are back in it has gone back up to normal price - sometimes its good to just buy what you like without worrying if it's in fashion.
They currently have a dusky pink - is that a summery colour? in their sale, but I'm not a pink person.
And for those who enjoyed the quote the other day, here is another one;-
Patting a fellow on his back is the best way to get a chip off his shoulder
- anonymous

7 comments:

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh word LOVE this bag, it is so what me...the roses are beautiful and the texture is beautiful...clever little shopper you

Tracy x said...

a bargain indeed - i love Olive green x
i have just had a quick catch up on your blog and LOVE the picture of your chickens in the tree.... so, so sorry that one is missing - do folk really steal chickens???
here they sadly tend to get run over by the mad farmers that insist on driving at speed down your driveway... we have decided that when our hens arrive in the Spring we will actually lock our gates.
although the sight of huge Ghille dog tends to put them off even getting out the car to open the gate in the first place!!!
t x

carolyn said...

That is a beautiful bag.

Sally Anne said...

Ooh, that bag is gorgeous, and the quote is another really good one !

walter and me said...

Lovely bag, Kim, and velvet is very hard to photograph, it absorbs all the light!
D x

Pipany said...

That bag is just beautiful! I love autumnal caolours and the idea of a bargain makes it even better. By the way, just read your comment on my blog about a bloggers cushion - just brilliant!!! xx

The Crackled Horse Company said...

Hello K, thank you for your comment on my new blog... being new, I have no idea how to "follow" people blogs and am now coming up against such lovely ones and nice people, Im stuck!?
My ladders are infact, hand painted, nothing I paint is stenciled. Where I find the patience to do it? I ask that same question but my background in Graphic Design helps... and a steady hand!
You are a very clever, creative lady with your lovely bags... every fabulous girl should have a fabulous bag!
Been nice meeting you and when I can "follow" you... I will begin my list like others have... or I will miss out! Helen x