Sorry I've been away for a while. Just a very quick post so that I'm not totally forgotten, I hope to be back again soon.
I received an e-mail today with a lovely message within in, taken from The Maverick Spirit , which really made me think.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my favourite cake for me, and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing, and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say, 'Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.'
I've been very luck enough to win a couple of giveaways recently, so will post about those shortly. It has made me think that I should do a giveaway in return, so when I get to my 50th post that is what I shall be doing. I don't know what I will be giving away yet....I'll be thinking hard :0)
Bye for now..........and Trace, if you are reading this I hope you all settle in well, and thanks for your thoughts my friend.
2019 - How time flies
6 years ago


6 comments:
Absolutely beautiful words and thoughts x
It's good to see you ... and those words are indeed true, and lovely. x
Very beautiful words! If only we could all keep them in our hearts the world would be a better place. Thank you for posting that, very very inspirational!
Such well thought out words and so very true...All settled and enjoying the novelty of snow furries today! They aren't settling on the ground but are kind of fun for us who didn't get snow where we used to live. All the best for tomorrow - you will be in my thoughts.
It makes you stop and think such lovely verses thank you for sharing.
HUGS PAT
Very inspiring quote-true too!
Post a Comment