This year I've decided to completely change the decor in the Kitchen, I'm lucky as OH just lets me get on with whatever I want to change it to. At the moment it is terracotta, but hopefully by the summer it will be Laura Ashley pale eau de nil and cream. I've been busy collecting and making accessories to go with it and have gone a bit over the top.....making dish cloths to match.
The camera hasn't really done these colours justice.....or is that the photographer?! I've knitted these in Patons DK cotton in cream and Kiwi.
I don't know if I should actually have knitted in 4 ply, but as we don't have any actual wool shops around here anymore, I had to take what I could get in Hobby Craft.
Up until about 4 years ago there were 3 wool shops in town, but they all closed down within months of each other. It now means a 50 mile round trip to the nearest wool shop in a little market town, which is fine if you are buying wool for a jumper and want to see the colours in 'real life' but is rather excessive if you only want a couple of balls of cotton as I did. It means now buying off the internet and hoping that the colours and feel are what you want.....and it doesn't help with someone like me who decides to make something and wants to start now, not wait for Mr Postie.
Again the colours haven't come out well, but these hearts are in Laura Ashley Polka Dot cotton in Eau de Nil and Linen. They don't look much flat and unstuffed, but I hope they will look much better when they are filled with dried lavender. Yep I'm going to have to wait for Mr Postie again to finish them.




6 comments:
I love your dishcloths and the hearts, and the "egg-stand"! I think you have some really creative ideas shaping up.
I love Laura Ashley! All the furniture, fabrics and decor are more than capable of melting my heart. One of my dreams is to have a house entirely decorated in that style.
Keep it up! I'm sure your kitchen will look fabulous once it's done!
I love your egg stand!
Your kitchen is going to look fab too!!
;-)
Sounds like your kitchen is going to be even more gorgeous! Love the egg/cake stand, what a nice pressie.
Mel xxx
That egg/cake stand is just perfect - so pretty. I like the look of those knitted dishcloths too - but could you bear to actually use them on dishes? They're too nice!
x
oooo Kim I love that cake stand...so once I've finished cooking the spaghetti...LOL. I don't really change what I do as the weather changes, but that's because I only scrapbook, I can't knit etc - however my sister can, so I'll leave her to it.
I really hope the tutorial helps! You'll have to show us what you make.
I do worry my tastes are running towards the grandma zone but it makes me happy so I'm not too concerned! :D
Mel xxx
Post a Comment